The Office for Disability Services welcomes you to Oklahoma Baptist University. Our office seeks to provide access to all academic and social opportunities at dafabet888 for qualified students with documented disabilities, through reasonable accommodations. The office will work with staff, faculty, and administrators to ensure that the needs of students are met. The Disability Services Office is located in the Geiger Center Office 206 and can be reached by phone at 405.585.5282.
Oklahoma Baptist University complies with the Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 which prohibits discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability. dafabet888 will take necessary steps to ensure that no student with a disability is denied the benefits of or excluded from an educational opportunity or activity based on being a student with a disability. Furthermore, dafabet888 will take steps to ensure that no student with a disability is subject to discrimination.
It is the student's responsibility to self-identify and inform the office of accommodation needs. All accommodations requests are the responsibility of the student. Students are encouraged to submit documentation for review as soon as possible to ensure completion in a timely manner.
dafabet888 is prepared to provide accommodations for students with disabilities as required by law and recognizes that the responsibility is shared among staff, faculty, and administrators. The Disability Services Office serves a wide range of students with documented disabilities including, but not limited to:
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Psychiatric Disabilities
- Mobility Impairments
- Sensory Impairments
Reasonable accommodations are individualized and based on the documented impact of the student's disability. Accommodations will create equal access without fundamentally altering the academic programs. Accommodations include, but are not limited to:
- Extending time on exams
- Exams in distraction reduced environment
- Note-takers, readers and scribes
- Student must self-identify and complete the Intake Form in a timely manner with the Dean of Students Office, GC 206
- Submit disability documentation
- Meet with Assistant Dean of Students to discuss reasonable accommodations
- Provide a list of professors, a signed notification letter, discuss all reasonable and approved accommodations with professors
- Schedule exams throughout the semester with Testing Coordinator located in Mabee Learning Center
- Notify the Assistant Dean of Students or your professor if you have any concerns, problems, or additional requests